oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

Thoughts in jammies

So much to write about but... I'm not for one simple reason...I'm on the laptop...which doesn't have the "pictures" file...and I think all posts should have pics.....why don't I get on the other computer? Because it's Saturday morning and I'm resisting the usual routine....I'm still in the bed...no driving to School, no GYM...hooray!

So today I will not yet talk about Spring Break at the beach, Whitney's Sweet 16 celebration or our visit with my niece Angie...nope...today is April Bible Verse Day and entries from "Streams in the Desert" by L..Cowman.

First: April's Bible Verse: 2 Timothy 1:12b

"...Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day."

Second: exerpts from L.B. Cowman's "Streams in the Desert"

Exod. 16:10 "They looked...and behold the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud"


Keep looking up--

The waves that roar around thy feet

Jehovah-Jireh will defeat

when looking up.



Keep looking up--

though darkness seems to wrap thy soul;

The Light of Light shall fill thy soul

When looking up.



Keep looking up--

When worn, distracted with the fight;

Your Captain gives you conquering might

When you look up.


(p.109)


We can never see the sun rise by looking into the west

(Japanese proverb)




Glorify ye the Lord in the fires. (Is. 24:15)


A man has as much religeon as he can show in times of trouble. The men who were cast into the fiery furnace came out as they went in--except their bonds.


How often in some furnace of affliction God strikes them off! Their bodies were unhurt--their skin not even blistered. Their hair was unsinged, their garments not scorched, and even the smell of fire had not passed upon them. And that is the way Christians should come out of furnace trials--liberated from their bonds, but untouched by the flames.


Triumphing over them in it. (Col. 2:15)

(p. 110)




That's it for Saturday...time to get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment