oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

Scientist's can't see the yellow...

Today I discovered that I am not an Artist...it was during my first art class that this became apparent. I am taking "art class" with my buddy Gator-Valerie...she is an artist (I remembered AFTER I signed up with her that she mentioned she had taught Art at Whitney's school....argh). There are others in the class that are fun too (Pretty Christa and Lively Lori)...Lori was painting a full scene...she is years ahead of me.

This revelation is not a surprise but still kinda disappointing. You see....my Mother and all her siblings and some Uncles are artists...as well as a large # of my cousins.....my Siblings AND their children are artists....Adrianne is a creative genius....she writes, she draws, she paints. Whitney too loves to work with her hands and creates amazing memorabilia.....I like facts and figures and information. I like explanations that are concrete...I like Math and Chemistry....

Todays assignment was to paint (with acrylics) an apple
and a vase with all the shading..blah blah blah...could I see the different shades in the apple? Uh, no. Couldn't I see the yellow in the top of the vase? What? The vase was torquoise...what yellow (so I added yellow???!!!)? I realized I wasn't artsy when all I wanted to do was to finish up so we could paint another something...I was not interested in the shades or whether my vase was the right width and height...what? Does it matter? That's when I decided this WAS a fun class becase I am not competitive and, painting is fun!

So... I will continue with my new little class.....enjoying this peaceful time...painting, talking and singing along to the music (sometimes out of tune and with a new melody). I am not an artist.... I'm a night owl scientist.....ha
..but just now...in these wee early hours I look again at my work...and maybe it's the time....but now... I think they are beautiful....

No comments:

Post a Comment