oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

endoscopy story

Oh man...I forgot to tell my endoscopy story...it's not amazing...but it is wierd... When I tell people I am having an "endoscopy" they ALL cringe....why? Then some of them say, "Oh are they going to give you those meds that make you forget?" WHAT? What do I need to forget? I asked the GP...are you awake?...he says, "Na, you're lightly sedated"....but I'm thinking maybe you are awake and it's awful (when they put the tube down your throat) but then they give you "amnesia" meds and you forget that you were miserable.....I was really nervous.

So as soon as I get in to see the "prep nurse" ...I ask her..."Will I be sound asleep?"...she says, "yeh, you won't remember anything!"...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh there they go again...what does THAT mean?

I just decided at that point I would not be nervous...however awful it is...I won't remember.

I get to wear my little backless gown BUT did get to continue to wear my "loose fitting" bottoms and even my "tennis's".....

My friendly nurse attempts to put in my IV...in the back of my hand....oooops, she misses.....OWWWW!!! Ooops, she has to try again...in the crook of my elbow...feels much better...she does not miss.....then I go for a ride on my rolling bed....into the "procedure room"...on the wall is hanging a big "Gator" flag....I gag a little...

then, I meet my CRNA....he pushes the white meds and I pass out...didn't even begin to get sleepy...just BLAMO...out...next thing I know I'm back in the recovery room AND I didn't remember this until yesterday (the procedure was done almost a week ago)...I was dressed! Who did THAT?

so...after all is said and done... endoscopies are not bad...they are...hmmmm?, I don't remember! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment