oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

I love Mr. Miller...and all that that entails...

flashlighted Cindy


pooped out...finally.. faithful friend
allllllll the tools

.....this is an underwater shot....




New house...new tasks on the "to do" list...The Mistah...works faithfully everyday...all day...and this gets hit with my list when he comes in the door...tonite...I decide to be very kind (not an easy task) and politely ask, "can you just install the new pool lite?....then we can have a quiet evening"..to which he replies...."of course" (this surprises me..you know the whole "it has to be their idea before they comply routine?)...so off we go


little did I know it would take 2 hours...and...it didn't work.....the details are boring..but predictable...kinda....


first we bought generic "pool light"...it's what the box said...we didn't know there were varieties....so....of course that does NOT deter us...The Mistah simply takes a "can light" from the kitchen ceiling and brings it to the pool deck..."here's one"....always thinking......installs it...this takes MANY MANY MANY steps...because after all, you are installing a LIGHT that will live UNDER WATER........I'm convinced they make it extremely difficult to dissassemble the light encasement so only intelligent people can accomplish this task..idiots (of which I prob. qualify) would simple electricute themselves.


The exchange of the bulb took about 15 minutes...the installation of the light fixture back into the side of the pool...took 1 hour & 45 minutes...Mr. Tenacity...that is what I will refer to him as from here on out...even tho' I ALREADY KNEW THIS!!!!


I believe the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"................ but instead I will call it tenacity...that's the new word....say it, feel it, believe it Cindy!!!


Keep in mind the 1 hour + 15 was done UNDER WATER...yep, only a singer could hold his breath, 1 minute at a time for that long....the black pic is of me...I'm shining the flash light on my face so you can see me because it's DARK....my arm is falling asleep bc it is my job to shine the BIG flashlight into the water so he can see what he is doing...only AFTER we finished the job did I ask about the clear eyes...he replies, "oh I never opened my eyes under water...it was too fuzzy"...now I need to hit something...."excuse me?" and so WHY was I holding the flashlight (very heavy did I say??) for an HOUR?????????????????????????????????....."oh, I'm sorry, I should've told you honey"........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate it when he is so calm and polite.....


Now, Mr. Tenacity is very very very smart...but sometimes, ..well, not.....while he was trying trying trying to install the light back into the wall......it did not occur to either of us...maybe we should "test" the light to see if it works.....nope...waited until he finally moved the light box into the perfect position IN THE DARK and we got out of the pool and cleaned up ....to test it...1...2...3...ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaa........nothing....oh my goodness sakes.......let's just go inside!


P.S. I believe yesterday may have been the hottest day in the history of the world...9 PM...and I have sweat dripping everywhere (bc I was holding that stupid flashlight...gotta love him...and I do!)


that's all

No comments:

Post a Comment