oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

Indiana is so peaceful



Alisha's pretend nasty look!










Indiana colors

























































a quiet moment between brothers...










Funerals are difficult....there in the coffin (what an awful word) is your loved one...they don't look anything like you remember...but it is there you must say, "Good-bye"...one last and final time. But, close by seems to be every person you know...from your childhood....all grown up with children and now grandchildren of their own..it's a family reunion of sorts...but everyone is sad.













Chris..pretending to be short..

































Spending time my family, friends and neighbors brought back memories of lots of love and acceptance.. lots of hugs everywhere. With Wilma's passing I was re-introduced to all of her and Danny's friends...they love them dearly. They came to serve...they did it well.





















a frozen Chris


















and Dan smiles...
Two white lemo's pulled away from the funeral home and headed to "Fuchs" cemetary. Wilma was laid to rest near my Dad and all my other ancestors. Guess Danny will make that same trek one day...wonder if I should be buried there as well???

This was a good trip....there was a lot of time spent with the immediate family...ample time with the extended family...and even squeezed in some time with my old High School best bud! We were all feeling the same sorrow and finding comfort in the nearness of each other. Dinner out at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Motorcycle Rides, Talk time around the "table" , a birthday and anniversary celebrated...and best of all...the announcement of a baby...due in July! YAY! Dan will be occupied with the thoughts of a new grandbaby...


A lot was learned on this visit...new levels of caring realized. Life is indeed short..the old cliche is true...we really should live each day as if it is our last AND we should take the time and put forth the effort to care for others....people matter!















time to go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment