oh to live this...

"...the faith that surmounts the evidence and is able to warm itself at the fire of God's love, instead of having to steal love and self-acceptance from other sources, is actually the root of holiness..."















The Miller-4

The Miller-4
Indivisible!

BREATHE!!!!

BREATHE!!!!

soooo love the beach

soooo love the beach
Ormond Beach, FL

1 Peter 2:15


"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant
talk of foolish men."

Song lyrics that I love.....

"Rid me of myself, I belong to you....lead me to the cross"
"Your Name brings life more than the air I breathe"
"You make everything glorious and I am Yours.....what does that make me?"

Total Pageviews

jumbled thoughts

I've been a little perturbed of late....haven't liked what's come my way...

But, God is good and His timing is perfect. My new Beth Moore Bible Study began 2 weeks ago with my same group as last year plus some newbies on the scene. We are studying the Psalms of Ascent...(Ps. 120-134)...and the last few homework assignments have brought enlightenment.

I was encouraged with the reminder that my God (Master Creator of Everything) is familiar with my circumstances and He writes "what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.. (Eccl.1:9)...and He reminds me that there are those who "hate peace". I call them "Lovers of conflict."


"In my distress I cried to the LORD, and he answered me...I have lived too long with those who hate peace. I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war." (Ps. 120:1,6-7)


then there is today's lesson:


"Show us favor LORD, show us favor, for we had more than enough contempt. We've had more than enough scorn from the arrogant and contempt from the proud." (Ps. 123)


Do I think it is a coincidence that these are my homework verses??....verses that we are to "unpack" as my Pastor says....and ponder???....no I don't. I think they were put there 1000's of years ago for me to unpack today..."for such a time as this".....to let me know He knows who and what I am dealing with and that I am to "cry to him in my distress" and He will "answer me"....


So I will...and I can know"...the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame" (Romans 9:33b)

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers...." (Ps. 1:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment